Genelite Buyers Catalogue
Enquire today & we will send you a copy of our Genelite Buyers Catalogue!
8.1kVA Hyundai HY6500SEiRS (Remote start)
In StockFree Shipping*
Hyundai HY6500SEiRS generator set with gasoline engine is designed to work in the most demanding conditions. It is a high performance tool to which any use can be applied, both professional machinery and more delicate electronic devices.
1 year / 500 hours whichever comes first
Product Description - 8.1kVA Hyundai HY6500SEiRS (Remote start)
It is used in camping, camping, places where there is no connection to the electrical network, reforms, nautical, motorhomes, energy source for country houses and pumps for wells. Its high power makes it the ideal complement for professionals who need a portable power source and guarantees to work with high performance and consumption machines.
Its application as a complement to the solar installation is due to energy needs in times of energy deficit, these cases can happen in long periods of bad weather, or extraordinary situations of high energy consumption. The Hyundai HY6500SEiRS is an ideal complement to support the photovoltaic installation, a great choice that offers guarantees, effectiveness and efficiency and guaranteed by a great brand recognized worldwide as is Hyundai.
12 month/500 hour warranty which ever comes first.
Gasoline 4T OHV, Air cooled
Prime Power Output
8.1 kVA/ 6.5 kW
65 dB(A) @ 7m
Fuel Tank Capacity
80 x 60 x 78 cm
How much does the average inverter generator weigh?
Inverter generators are more compact and portable. The average inverter weighs between 30 and 50 pounds
Can inverter generators be used indoors?
No. The number one generator safety rule is NEVER RUN IT INDOORS. Inverter generators may look small and harmless, but they have a combustion engine inside that release exhaust gases that could poison and kill you.
How to connect an inverter generator to your house?
You can connect an inverter generator to your house using extension cords, a convenience cord, a through-the-wall kit, or a manual transfer switch. In fact, there is no difference between hooking up an inverter generator and hooking up a regular portable generator to your house.
How does an inverter generator work?
An inverter generator works by converting AC electric current into DC electric current and then inverting it back to AC to create a cleaner wave of electricity.
What size inverter generator do you need?
There are several steps to consider for this:
- Look up the power needs of the appliances you want to run, including how much they need to start up. In many cases, wattages of both will be the same, but it will differ for items with a heat element or motor (e.g. air conditioners, hair dryers, fridges, toasters, coffee machines and electric tools). Some of these items can have up to four times the power requirement to start up as they do for continuous running.
- If you are going to be running several appliances at once, add up the power requirements of each to arrive at a total. This will enable you to get a generator with the right capacity for your needs. Let’s say you are going on a camping trip and you want to be able to run a camp fridge, laptop, recreational air conditioner, TV and coffee machine – possibly at the same time on occasion. In this case, you will likely need a 2,000 to 3,000-watt inverter generator capacity to allow for start-up and running
What is the best way to store a generator?
All generators need to be properly stored and maintained during periods of non-use. When you add a properly formulated fuel stabilizer and store your generator in a cool, dry place, gasoline in the fuel tank has maximum shelf life up to one year.
Petrol Generators – Can I use this generator to charge my power tool batteries?
Charging battery packs is fine from a conventional generator, we’d recommend having a steady load on the generator and don’t connect appliances that will cause the load to jump around during charging.
Will old gas hurt a generator?
Yes. If you pour in old fuel, the impurities mixed with it are deposited throughout the generator’s system. These impurities then clog up the generator’s pistons and carburetor, causing the generator to either run inefficiently or stop altogether.
What are the advantages of petrol generators?
Petrol generators are generally less expensive, and available in more models and price ranges than diesel generators, one of the few benefits of their reduced power. They also generally come in smaller and more portable models.
Can you use super unleaded in a generator?
Generators are normally designed to run on lower octane gasoline. If you have the manual, it will tell you somewhere what octane rating it prefers. If you use a higher octane than the generator needs, it will run just fine with absolutely no problems.
What should I consider when buying a petrol generator in Australia?
- The Power Output.
- The Engine.
- Maximum Running Time – Not Fuel Tank Size!
- The Sockets.
- The Frame.
- The Weight.
What does kVA mean in generators?
1,000 volt amps A KVA is simply 1,000 volt amps. A volt is electrical pressure. An amp is electrical current. A term called apparent power (the absolute value of complex power, S) is equal to the product of the volts and amps. On the other hand, a watt (W) is a measurement of real power.
How does a petrol generator work?
- Internal combustion engine: The workhorse of the generator. Fuel is injected into this chamber, where a spark is created, converting the fuel into mechanical energy.
- Starter: Simply put, the starter starts your generator. Sometimes the starter is powered by a DC battery, and other times, it is a pull cord mechanism.
What is the best kind of portable generator in Australia?
There are several best-selling types of portable generator available to buy:
- Conventional Generators: Most standard portable generators are petrol-powered. It offers a great balance between affordability and functionality, giving ample backup power for a reasonable price, making it ideal for most homes, events, and outdoor activities.
- Inverter Generator: A more advanced type of portable generator, inverter generators are still powered by fuel but more efficient engines and throttle control, resulting in higher power capacity, quieter operation, and variable power settings. However, this does increase the cost of the generator.
- Power Stations: This type of portable generator does not operate using fuel, instead of being powered by a battery that is recharged using mains power, with newer models often using solar panels to generate power. These are the quietest type and produce no emissions, although they tend to cost more, and you always need to make sure they are charged before use.
What are the causes of a petrol generator not starting?
10 Common Reasons Your Generator Won’t Start:
- It’s low on oil
- It’s out of gas
- The choke lever is in the wrong position
- The fuel valve is closed or clogged
- The carburetor is clogged or air locked
- The spark plug needs to be replaced
- The low-oil sensor isn’t working properly
- The battery is dead.
- Electronics are plugged in during start-up
- Check the air filter
Why is my generator not running smoothly?
The carburetor might be clogged. A clogged carburetor is most often due to leaving fuel in the generator for a long period of time. This sticky fuel can clog up the carburetor and cause the engine to stall or run roughly. If the carburetor is clogged, try cleaning it with carburetor cleaner.
Can I add gas to a generator while it is running?
Never add fuel while generator is running or hot. Allow generator and engine to cool entirely before adding fuel.
Where should I operate my inverter generator?
Operate the generator only on level surfaces and where it will not be exposed to excessive moisture, dirt, dust or corrosive vapors. Always keep the generator away from children.
Why is it important to not overload my inverter generator?
Overloading your generator can seriously damage your valuable appliances and electronics. Do not overload the generator. Do not operate more appliances and equipment than the output rating of the generator. Prioritize your needs. A portable electric generator should be used only when necessary, and only to power essential equipment.
Can I vent the exhaust from my portable generator from an enclosed area?
No. Never run the generator indoors, in a garage or in an enclosed area. Portable generators are designed to run outside where there is plenty of ventilation.
Where should I set my portable?
You need to position your portable away from doors and windows so that the exhaust fumes do not get inside the house. The produced carbon monoxide gas can cause serious poisoning. You should also be sure to set your portable where it will be protected from moisture, rain and snow.
Can a portable generator be used during inclement weather?
Never run a generator directly in the rain, snow or other wet conditions. Never run a generator indoors or in a garage.
Can an inverter generator run an RV?
Yes, A 2000-watt unit should be plenty for you. However, those who wish to run the air conditioner or microwave will need something offering 3000 watts—and in some cases even more.